October 8, 2019
EXCITING Job Opportunity: SEIU Local 925 Project Organizer
Are you tired of our economy depending on low or unpaid women’s work that falls hardest on women of color? Do you want to get involved in the fight for economic justice? The Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 925, a dynamic labor union representing 17,000 education, local government, and non-profit staff, is seeking full-time, Project Organizers to work on child care organizing across Washington State.
Applicants should have a passion for social justice organizing and the mission of SEIU Local 925. The work will mostly be based in Seattle, Vancouver WA and Yakima, but may include other turf. Because this position involves long and irregular hours and state-wide travel, a car is required.
Job Opening: Project Organizer
To apply: Send Resume, Employment References and Cover Letter to:
SEIU Local 925
1914 North 34th Street
Seattle, WA 98103
Deadline to apply: Open until filled
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Organizer performs a wide range of duties, including:
- Leading and supporting non-union workers who are organizing to join SEIU Local 925.
- Mobilizing workers around work-based and community issues.
- Identifying and developing leaders, moving and assessing workers and recruiting and training Organizing Committee members.
- Developing organizing plans.
- Coordinating with other staff and Member Organizers.
- Ability to inspire and motivate workers, Member Organizers and staff.
- Ability to work independently.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise high level of judgment.
- Ability to work well with diverse people.
- Computer literacy, especially databases and Excel, preferred.
Women, people of color and individuals who speak multiple languages are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits are set by collective bargaining agreement. Starting pay depends on experience, with a minimum of ~$50,000/year. Benefits include fully employer-paid family health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, a generous leave package, car allowance, fully employer-paid pension (defined benefit plan), and other benefits outlined in the policies of SEIU Local 925 and the staff union contract.