Oct 1 UPDATE: UW classified staff reached a tentative agreement with the University and ratified their 2023-2025 union contract.
University of Washington classified staff represented by SEIU 925 began picketing on Wednesday, September 21 during their lunch breaks, across all UW campus sites. Union contract negotiations with UW have been going on since July, and all scheduled bargaining sessions have yielded no agreements.
Members vow to continue to with lunchtime pickets or other actions until they reach a tentative agreement on union contract negotiations.
Monday, September 26
Morning rally, 7:00am-8:00am
On the overpass at the intersection of NE Campus Parkway and 15th Ave NE
Wednesday, September 21 through Friday, September 23, lunchtime pickets were held at:
- Seattle Campus-Red Square
- Bothell Campus at the Big “W”
- Northwest Hospital on the corner of Emergency and Starbucks
- Harborview Medical Center on the NE corner of 9th and Jefferson
- Tacoma Campus on the central staircase, between the library and the Keystone Building
- UW Medical Center-Montlake by front entrance